Wednesday, April 5, 2017

Layout and Cards - Lauren Tomecek

Scrapmatts sponsored CSI: Color, Stories, Inspiration for the month of March and they invited our whole design team to guest for their challenges. I shared my layout for their main challenge as part of my March reveal, but the second challenge came out after my Scrapmatts reveal day, so I've saved it for April.


I love these photos of Harrison cooking with his Grandma. I've hidden some journaling behind the right photo which records how Ben learnt to cook with his mum Helen and I'm so happy that Harrison is getting to have the same experience with her. I don't remember ordering these cooking chipboard pieces but they ended up being perfect for the theme. I've painted them with white acrylic paint, added red pen details and silver embossing for the metallic areas.



Scrapmatts used: CB1020 Card Borders 03; CB1199 Scrap Words 07; CB1139 Kitchenware 03; CB2026 Picket Fences 09.


My second project for April is a set of two cards. I've used a sheet of scrap paper to mop up some left over ink spray I had from another project, which I've then used as the backgrounds for both cards. I love these sentiment chipboard pieces, they make whipping up cards so quick and easy.



Each card has some texture paste stars in the background too, using a Scrapmatts stencil. The chipboard sentiments come in the black, all other pieces I've just coloured using mini ink pads.


Scrapmatts chipboard: CB1241 Scrap Words 27,CB1020 Card Borders 03, CB1007 Butterflies 07 and CB1158 Butterflies 20. Stencil: ST5002.

4 comments:

  1. Fabulous layout and love those great cards too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A heartwarming page of the connection between the generations. I love to cook with my Grandchildren too. Yes, those word Chippies are the perfect finishing touch for a quick card and yours are gorgeous with the mixed media backgrounds.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Precious layout, capturing special moments and love the card designs, Lauren!
    Fabulous creations

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great layout, and I absolutely love your cards xxx

    ReplyDelete