Tuesday, November 14, 2017

Daddy Hugs and Smile - Lauren Tomecek

Sometimes when you have a great photo, it's important to let it be the star of the layout and not over clutter the layout with embellishments or layers. I find Scrapmatts chipboard is the perfect finishing touch for these kinds of layouts, subtle yet effective. It's also nice sometimes to create a simple layout that doesn't take ages.


I have used the stencil ST9008-A5 to apply some white gesso over parts of the background, then covered the same areas with sections of CB5126 Diamond Mesh 02. Lastly, I've used CB1155 Ferns 01 to frame my title. 


Scrapmatts is sponsoring the current challenge over at CSI: Color, Stories and Inspiration. The case file is below. I've used leaves, a heart, wood/woodgrain and vellum from the evidence and my journaling is inspired by the words 'outside' and 'calm'.



I created my second project whilst on a retreat last month. It was so good to get away and focus on nothing but relaxing and crafting for a whole weekend!


These flowing script words from CB6117 Assorted Words 30 make perfect titles. I've coloured mine using two layers of Versacolor inks to match the background cardstock. I've coloured a medium sized butterfly from CB4008 Butterflies 01 with liquid pearls to add texture and shine.


You can see the largest circle from the CB5139 String Circles 03 set in these close ups, which I've cut in half to use in two spots. This has been inked too, then some pearls glued as accents on all the dots. You can also see a small tab covered in washi tape from CB5117 Tabs 01 and a smaller butterfly from the same set. 


Thanks for looking!

3 comments:

  1. These both look lovely and yes Scrapmatts are a perfect embellishment for any creation!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful work Lauren. I agree sometimes the KISS principle is the best approach!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely layouts Lauren. I too love the simplicity of Scrapmatts chipboard.

    ReplyDelete